This whole month of February in Sunday School we have talked about building a stronger marriage. It has been great. There have been some great reminders on how God created a marriage and how it should work. Today in class we talked about our wedding vows....what had been the easiest and what had been the hardest. We also talked about how to safeguard your marriage. So, I thought that sharing my vows would be neat because when Nathan and I got married we did not have the traditional wedding vows. They meant the same thing, they were just said differently. I love how they were stated. I thought I would share.
I commit to be patient and kind to you. I commit to put your needs and desires before my own. I commit to serve you with all of my heart. I commit to forgive you when you wrong me. I commit to be honest at all times. I promise to never commit adultery against you. I commit to never abandon you. I commit to never harm you. I commit to never divorce you. I commit to love God first and you second. And with this covenant, I pledge you my life and my love.
It is so upfront and blunt on what you are committing. I think these should be used more often. We will be married SIX years in June! I wouldn't trade him or anything (even though it's not been all bliss) for the world.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
My Wedding Vows
Posted by The Purnell Family at 3:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love me some Nathan too! I can't wait to come visit b/c I haven't had a good sparring match in awhile. I know Nathan will be waiting to have one with me...he's always up for a good argument.
I just hope this visit I don't have any underwear run-ins in the middle of the night!!!
This post certainly needed a wedding pic in it. Get right on that...you don't have anything better to do!
Post a Comment