I have been tagged by The Garner Family. Here are my 7 RANDOM things. (It really is harder than it seems.)
1. My favorite grass is St. Augustine grass. It reminds me of my childhood and playing outside barefoot. It was always so cold on on your feet during those hot Texas afternoons and nights.
2. Now food is a good random topic. I absolutely LOVE meatloaf and homemade fried okra and corn. I could eat that all of the time!!! I am not big on Mexican food by any means. I would choose Italian any day. And on New Year's day, I don't eat black eyed peas. I hate them!! Yuk!
3. Kids can be cruel, and they were definitely cruel to the red head. I was always made fun of about my hair color and how pale I was. I was always the kid at the pool that was taking the extra 10-15 minutes to get the sunscreen on, and THEN had to wear the t-shirt in the pool. It was AWFUL!! It was not until my adult life did I enjoy going to the pool/beach. In fact, I had never been to a beach until college...and that was nasty ole Galveston. A real beach...Destin, not until Nathan and I started dating...and that was after college.
4. I do have to say that I enjoy having everything neat at my house. I think it gives me a feeling of accomplishment for the day if everything is in it's place. I love to start my mornings by going through the house opening blinds, turning off porch lights, and making beds/picking up. Then, I can make breakfast and start my day. And of course, Mondays are laundry days. I have chosen this day to get all of my laundry complete. I can't drag it out through the week, or once again I would not feel that I had accomplished anything. Then, at night I go through the house turn on the porch lights, close the blinds, and turn on all the lamps. I love lamps.
5. In September of 2001 Nathan said, I need you to take off early on a Thursday and be off on Friday. We are going with Cobie and Craig (my sister-in-law and brother-in-law) to San Antonio. I thought, well that will be fun. Well, about a week later September 11th happened. So, Nathan said, I am wanted to surprise you, but since all of this has happened I need to tell you that we're not going to San Antonio, we are going to Las Vegas. I didn't want you to be scared to get on a plane. So, three weeks after September 11th, we flew to Las Vegas and stayed at the Luxor. That night in front of the Bellagio Nathan proposed to me while there was a water show. Now, the song he proposed on fits him so well....it is from Disney's Fantasia. No, it wasn't a slow, romantic song, it was an upbeat, totally Nathan song. I loved every minute of it!!
6. I started out college as a nursing student. I wanted to be a neonatal nurse. Well, after watching an ER special on the NICU, and crying the whole time, I thought that was not for me. So, I decided to just do nursing. Well, after one class in Anatomy/Physiology I decided I needed a new degree. So, I chose Elementary Education with a minor in English. I do now wish I had finished with nursing, and someday plan to go back and get that degree.
7. I like to toast my toast on the setting between the 2 & 3. When it's done, I butter both pieces and lay them in a paper towel facing each other. Then, I wrap that paper towel in another paper towel. I give it a few minutes to cool. It is so good and soft. Then, I add jelly. Mmm!!
Who knew I was so weird. :)
I am going to tag (since you are all bloggers):
Lauren
Ashley F.
Jayne
Tabitha
Jaime M.
Kelley P.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Random Things
Posted by The Purnell Family at 3:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey Ashley,
I really got a kick out of this one...especially #5. I never knew the story. How dear of Nathan to do all that planning! The way you described it, I think I know the exact "Fantasia" song that was playing. Salud to a fabulous couple!
xoxo
Post a Comment