A few days ago I was straightening up the house and I had the radio on. A song came on. It is called Everlasting God by Lincoln Brewster. It is an amazing song that I have heard over and over again. I have always sang along to the words, but today was a different day. Today it hit me right between the eyes...or right in my heart. I was having a wishy washy day of emotions. Everything is so up in the air and not so settled (which is not how I like it at all), so it was tough. Then I realized...the strength will rise if we do wait on the Lord. Oh what a new meaning that song has for me now! We have been through SO MUCH this year, but God has given me strength. I am waiting on the Lord to give us answers, to help us to sale our house, to give us directions on what to do next...and my strength is rising because I am WAITING on Him. It's not in my time. It's in His time! What a wonderful message. Think about it the next time you are waiting and are not given an answer at that moment, or don't hear from God on a prayer when YOU want it. He is there. Just wait. He'll show Himself to you. He is everlasting!
Everlasting God lyrics:
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
Wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
Wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Our God You reign forever
Our Hope our strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles
You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
The everlasting God
The everlasting
Monday, May 26, 2008
Strength Will Rise As We Wait Upon the Lord
Posted by The Purnell Family at 12:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I LOVE this song! I have it on a CD in my car, and I sing it almost everyday after I drop Allison off at school. It feels like something I have to sing just to remind myself that HE is in control of each and every single new day. The other song that I love is the song that Terry Jones sang in our bible study the week before you had Carter. The first verse goes like this: "Over time you've healed so much in me, I am living proof, that although my darkest hour had come, your light could still shine through. Even though it's just enough to cast a shadow on the wall, Lord, I am grateful that you shine your light on me at all."
I can't imagine going through what I've gone through and what you are going through without being able to see that light - sometimes even just a shadow - from our Lord to guide the way.
Much love-
Michelle
oh wow...I sing this song all the time, the band at my church plays it...Usually I just sing not thinking about the words but your blog made me stop and read the lyrics...Thank you Ashley...I like this song so much more now. It is hard being patient when waiting on God, but we know he is in control and has everything figured out...sometimes we just need a reminder!!
I really like this song!
Hi, this may seem kind of weird...you don't know me (and I don't know you) but I came across your family blog from a google search on the song, "wait upon the Lord"...I wasn't sure of the exact title or artist and I wanted to add it to my blog playlist. Anyway, I just got off the phone with a great friend who in sharing her testimony of an extremely trying year full of health problems and other trials, mentioned the words "our strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord". I immediately remembered the song, which I often hear and sing along to on Christian radio. My husband, Jimmy, and I have lost two babies in utero this past year and were looking forward to trying again in January. Feeling confident that I would get pregnant right away, I was cut off at the knees to learn that we did not conceive and here I am again...waiting. I randomly clicked on the link that took me to your blog (I promise I wasn't stalking you ;) and am so encouraged by your testimony and feel like you spoke the words that were resonating in my spirit.
Post a Comment