CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Carter's Bench

There were several people who didn't send flowers for Carter's funeral, but they wanted to do something so they sent money for donations to different charities, churches, etc. My grandparents, aunt, and uncle asked me what I wanted. I decided (before I knew we were coming back to Texas) that I wanted a bench for my garden with Carter's name and date on it. That way if we moved I could take it with me. So, this is what I picked up yesterday.
I haven't placed it in the flowerbed yet. I just need the right spot. Those are his actual tiny footprints. I love it!!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE this! That is so neat that they were able to use his footprints.

Jaime said...

I love how the bench turned out! That was a great idea...
I've been checkin' the mail & feeding the fish (whom I've named "Survivor.) He's still swimming around each time I go over to feed him. Amazing.
The water on the other hand is quite rank. I'd change it for y'all but you know what happened the last time I tried to take care of a fishbowl... FLUSH. :)

Mitzi said...

Love the bench--what a wonderful gift that you can treasure always (no matter where you might be living). The tiny footprints are the perfect addition to an already amazing gift!

The Garners said...

Ashley, this is so perfect. It's precious.

Anonymous said...

How precious....and to think I was blessed enough to help create those footprints! I love it and I know you will cherish it forever. Can't wait till Tuesday!

The Morrow's said...

I didn't mean to leave that last comment as anonymous. I think I pushed a wrong button. Oops!

Anonymous said...

Such a tiny little person who was only on this Earth for a brief visit has touched so many people in ways that you cannot even imagine. The bench is a beautiful tribute to your precious son. I think about him (and you) all the time. I pray for God's peaceful hands to continue holding your aching heart and that in time you will be able to look at your bench and smile warmly thinking of your son playing joyfully in Jesus's garden.

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful bench. I'm so glad you were able to get a gift that you can cherish for eternity. We love you! Steve, Shannon & Kids