CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Awards Ceremony/Book Signing/Slideshow

Yesterday was a tough day, and I'm sure Thursday is going to be worse. Regan had her kindergarten awards ceremony. They all dressed in their Sunday best. The boys had on ties and the girls had on their beautiful dresses. We walked in to the cafeteria where the program was, and as we did I looked up on the screen to see my sweet Regan's face and the song that was playing was, "Let Them Be Little". I lost it right there! I couldn't hold it together. It just breaks my heart to think that she is growing so fast, and loving it! :) I know that's how it's supposed to be, but I want them all to stay little forever! :) So, after I composed myself the kids came in and sang songs and accepted their awards. (I am going to try to figure out how to upload video and slide show..we'll see if that happens of not.) Afterward, we got to go back to the classroom for refreshments and a book signing. Regan had made a book and published it. So, what else to do but sign it. She said that Kennedy was "Coocoo" in her book. I was 30. And Aunt Lindsay was 20!!! Yea right! It was such a great time, but I am so sad that it is coming to an end. Mrs. Payne has been the absolute best teacher in the entire world! Regan and I both had a breakdown last night because we don't want to leave Mrs. Payne. I am sure I will have another moment tomorrow when school is over and she is an official first grader!

1 comments:

stephanie said...

How sweet! I am playing the same song with my presentation tomorrow! I cried just getting it ready.I can't believe our babies are 1st graders!!!!!