Since Regan is such a good swimmer we took her today to be "assessed" for a swimming team. I had talked to the coach several times throughout the week on email about what she needs to have, that I didn't really want her competing yet, and other things. I thought she can do this. She loves to swim, so why not. So, we showed up today and saw some other kiddos being assessed. Well, then I got nervous. Regan has had swimming lessons, but mainly to learn to swim. She has never had lessons on what strokes to do or how to perform them correctly. So, it's her turn. She has to swim 25 yds. on her stomach and 25 yds. backstroke. Well, she doesn't know how to do either. She swims under the water. As I watched her be assessed she amazed me. She swam with her arms half the length of the pool and then had to take frequent stops to make it all the way. Then, she learned from the other kiddos how to backstroke and she did awesome!! So, she is going to be a White Bass. She will have practice 2-3 times a week and they will teach her all the strokes. As she gets better she can move up in levels and start competing. She is very excited! I am so glad that I have a minivan now for all the running around I am going to be doing! :)
Friday, August 28, 2009
White Bass
Posted by The Purnell Family at 4:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That is awesom! She is a great swimmer. I think she will do very good... Nana
Post a Comment