CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Big Girl

Since this is a new school for Regan, I asked her if she wanted me to drop her off or walk her in. She said she wanted me to walk her in. I said that was fine, but I was only going to walk her in to the front of the school and then she could go the rest of the way herself (She was the one yesterday who showed me again how to get to her classroom. She has it down, just needed a little reassurance today.). So, I walked her to the front, kissed her, and we discussed which direction she needed to go. And she was off! My first grader!! I can't believe it!!

Well, since Kennedy doesn't start school until 12, I asked her the same thing. Do you want me to drop you off, or take you in. She was very confident, "Drop me off. I can do it!" Really? You're only 4!! My heart broke. I pulled up, put the car in park, reaching for the button to open the door, all the while hearing, "I can do it. Just open it. I can do it." So, I said she had to give me a kiss. She gave me a kiss, I handed her her backpack, and she was out of the car and running for the door. (Notice, there is a teacher that stands at the door to walk them in. I wouldn't just let her wander the whole school by herself.) :)
My babies are growing up!! Can we freeze time?

1 comments:

Angie said...

If you can figure a way to freeze time please share it with me! That's super that she is so confident and happy at school but I understand a little part of you wanting her to need you.