CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Sinner's Prayer

This morning the girls and I got up and headed out the door before 8 to get some good ole Chic Fil A breakfast. We were early to VBS, so we sat in the car and ate. While the girls were eating they were watching a video that has all of the songs and motions from VBS week. As everyone knows, Regan is always so curious. She wants to know what every words means. Then, she has more than enough questions to follow that. Well, this morning she asked what eternal life was. I explained all of that to her, and she said, "I want to have eternal life." Oh what a happy day! I have tears now just thinking about it. So, I told her that she could have eternal life by confessing that you are a sinner, and that Jesus died for our sins. I told her that if we acknowledged that we want Jesus to lead our life and ask Him into our hearts, that we could have eternal life. So, we prayed the prayer. She is so excited!! She went into her class and told her teachers. They all talked about it in class and the other kids wanted to know more about it. What a great story to tell!

On a more personal note, someone asked me the other day how well I knew my friends. Well, I could name people first and last, kids, husbands, and sometimes jobs, but the one thing I couldn't say was my friend's story of salvation. I would love for you to email me (alpurnell02@yahoo.com) and share your story. I think they are all unique. Plus, it will help me KNOW you better.

I will post more once we talk to Pastor Aaron and find out when Regan will be baptized. Nathan and I are elated. Now she'll get to see her baby brother for the first time...next to Jesus!!! Amen.

5 comments:

The Fintons said...

What great news!! How wonderful! Miss yall!

Anonymous said...

How awesome!!!!!

Here is my story...
For me, I was about 9. We lived in Rockdale, TX and our church was Memorial Baptist. Even though I knew I was saved and that I had accepted Jesus as my saviour I always knew there was something more. I found it in 2001 at a Joyce Meyer event where I was filled with the Holy Spiriy... and life changed. This was definite a turning point in my life. As a result I have a more personal relationship with Jesus. He is not just "fire insurance." He is my friend, guide, rock... everything. Each year since I have learned so very much more. I realized that what I had learned to that point was surface teaching. The Bible is so complex and deep and when truly studied reveals more and more!!! I have continued to grow and develop in spiritual maturity. My church is amazing and wonderful. It is strongly Bible-based. I also learn a lot from listening to Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyer, and Creflo Dollar on TV.

Is that more than you wanted to know!?!? :-)

Congratulations, Reagan! I am soooooo excited for you!

The Chaplins said...

Praise God! :) That is the best news I've heard all week. You and Nathan are fantastic parents!!! Maybe I'll see you this weekend!?!

The Garners said...

Ashley, this is wonderful! I'm crying as I type this. This is every Christian parent's prayer--to see their child accept Christ personally at such a young age. I know your heart is so happy. I look so forward to this same joy with our kids.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to print this story off for Toby....he will love it, just as I do. How wonderful. Hope all is well. Please tell Reagan CONGRATULATIONS! Carrie