I started a new Bible study yesterday. I am so excited about it! I am doing Beth Moore's Stepping Up. I have never done a Beth Moore. I have heard they are EXCELLENT! She inspires me....and I've only done one day. Crazy! One of the things she was talking about was about people being low, down, feeling like they are never going to get out of the situation. And then she said something that I should have known and realized all along, but it really "hit" me then. She said, "You are only passing through the moment. You are not stuck here!" She was talking about the pilgrimage to God. We read Psalms 84: 5-7:
5 "Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their heart on pilgrimage (going to God).
6 As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
7 They go from strength to strength til each person appears before God in Zion."
It just really hit me. We are on a journey to God, to be closer to God. We are ONLY PASSING THROUGH the moment. That just hit me like a ton of bricks. I have several blogs that I read daily...if not more than once a day. One of the ones that I read, I read last night. She was talking about Psalms 84: 5-7. Do you think God is telling me something? We have been through a HORRIBLE year. In fact, I am so ready for 2009, but we're only passing through. AMEN!!!
4 comments:
She is wonderful! I went to a few bible studies with some girls i go to school with in Denton, You will love it! I was thinking about you this morning as Tara and i talked and God told me you could use some uplifting prayers and blessings. Just wanted you to know someone is thinking about you and your family!
AMEN! I don't know if you have read the post on the "Bring the Rain" sight, but she talks about the "Valley of Baca" mentioned in this verse. If you haven't read it already, it is a GREAT post on this "passing through" time.
I have done 2 Beth Moore Bible Studies. They are WONDERFUL!!! You WILL get a lot out of it and will find yourself referring back to what you learned over and over. If you ever get the chance to take "Patriarchs" from her, it is fabulous and makes everything so very clear!
I did this study in the fall and loved it. Great study...you will enjoy it.
Post a Comment