CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Watch Dog Dad

At Regan's school they have a program called Watch D.O.G.S. (Dad's Of Great Students) It is where Dad's sign up to go to the school for the whole day and do different things. Well, Monday was Nathan's Watch Dog day. Regan was so excited!! Nathan was excited because she was. :) They each got a Watch Dog shirt. Nathan had an actual schedule. He would go in classrooms all day to help kids with some leftover assignments, read to kids, walk throughout the halls and around the building to make sure that everything was safe and secure. He went into Regan's class several times. One time was during their recess time and he got to play Candyland with three other little girls and Regan. He got to eat lunch with Regan. She loved every minute of it. Nathan was blessed as well.


We went to gymnastics on Wednesday and Nathan recognized several kiddos whose classes he had gone into. One girl was in Regan's gymnastics class. He looked at me and said, "She's going to tell Regan here in a minute that your daddy doesn't know how to read." I cracked up laughing!!

Kennedy is now wanting to know when her day is. I told him I should sign him up for next semester too. He said he would do a day for each child. Maybe I can talk him into doing a day for each child each year. Am I pushing my luck? :) We'll see.

1 comments:

Angie said...

What a wonderful idea! Every daddy should do that for their child's school. What a good dad!