Yesterday I had my weekly appointment which consists of a sonogram and a NST (non stress test). The sono looked AWESOME! Everything is measuring good (heartbeat, fluid, his body weight (4.2lbs.), etc.). Then, I went in to do my NST. Well, they hook you up to two monitors. One monitors the heartbeat of the baby and the other contractions. Then, I push a button when I feel the baby move. I have to lay there for 20 minutes for the NST. I finished my test and left the dr. office and went to Babies R Us for a baby shower gift. Well, I had just walked in the door and the dr. office called. She told me she wanted me to go eat something and go to the hospital to triage. She said everything looked good, they just weren't happy with the NST. Well, I go into panic/trying to be calm mode. I call Nathan. He comes and gets Kennedy, I get something to eat, and head to the hospital. I get there they check me in, ask A LOT of questions, hook me up to the monitors and I am there for over an hour. The baby is good...heart rate good...no contractions...etc.
Well, what happens is when I get up in the morning and eat, 30 minutes later his belly is full so he goes to sleep. So, that is what happened yesterday. I got up, ate, and he went to sleep. He was not really active during the sono or NST. Then, after I left the dr. and got something to eat and a coke and got to the hospital he was rockin' and rollin'. Then, 30 minutes after I ate like they told me to he was not as active.
So, needless to say, I will be having a coke every time I go to the dr. for the next 5 weeks!!
Praise Jesus he is fine!!! I go back next Friday to have a dr. appt., sono, and NST. Only 5 eeks to go!!! CRAZY!!!!
Thursday, September 3, 2009
A Little Scare
Posted by The Purnell Family at 1:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ashley I should have warned you of that! I did those with Cole and will with this one. They had me eat each time in the chair while doing it becuase he always went to sleep too! Sorry i know you must have just been so scared! We have been praying for you!
Hey Ashley! I am so glad everything is fine!! I have been praying for u guys. We miss you and Nathan and the girls!
Katie Johnson
Glad to hear that everything is okay. I had to do a couple of 'stress tests' also. Not too much fun. Praying for you Sister. xo
Post a Comment