CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Special Gift

I was wanting to find some old toys for Grant's shelf. I wanted like an old baseball glove, baseball, bat, truck, tractor...you know stuff little boys play with. So, I called on the one person that I know who is QUEEN of old stuff--my mom. :) If you could see her apartment, you would know what I mean. It is so cute with all of the old knickknack things that she has collected through the years. So, she said she would see what she could do. Well, she went above and beyond what I could have asked for or imagined. This is her present to Grant. :)
The top two shelves are her gifts to him. I'll break it down for you to be able to see/understand what they are. This is the top shelf. The black board in the back in a chalkboard that she so creatively designed. (I'll describe it more in the next picture.) Then, there is an old mason jar of marbles and dice. There is a train, and old truck, and picture frame to match his room. There are birds eggs, since boys are all about getting into mischief and dirty things. :) And then at the front is his name (Grant Canon Purnell) written with letters from a Scrabble game. So cool!!This is the black board/chalk board I was talking about. It has his name spelled out in Scrabble letters as well as letters from an old typewriter. She put an "Oct." block on there (since he is due/being born in Oct.). It has flashcards with his initials and "boy". I know I keep saying this, but SO COOL!!Then, this is the sentimental shelf. My granddad (my mom's dad) was a football coach. So, that is one of his footballs, his football book, and the "N" is a letter from his letter jacket. :) Then, there is the old baseball, glove, and baseball bat. In the pictures are (in the front) one of my granddad's football pictures from when he played. The back pictures are from his team he played on and one of my mom and granddad. Such a great idea!! Thanks mom! We love it!!!