I know this comes a shocker to a lot/most of you. I just felt this is what I needed to do. Plus, Nathan agreed that if I wanted to get a job that he would find a job Monday through Friday. Yeah!! That's our goal. So, about my new job. I will be back at BMS (where I taught before). I am so excited!! I will not be teaching English. I will be the Science TAKS pull out. What this means is that 8th graders take TAKS in Science. A lot of the time they don't understand the terminology/vocabulary/comprehension/etc. So, I am going to get with the science teachers to find out what their lessons will be about and then pull 3-4 8th graders out per group/per class period and go over it with them. It will help them to know what is coming when the lesson does come up and they won't be clueless. They did say that they just hired two new 7th grade English teachers (which includes writing TAKS), so they will probably use me to help those teachers out. I won't have a grade book, I'll make my own schedule throughout the day. I am so pumped!!! And the best part...it's TEACHER pay!! Yeah!!! So, thank you to everyone for helping me last minute find a job. I'm back to being an Owlet.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good for you. What a great set-up. I am glad that you found something to be excited about.
Nathan working M-F...what the heck would that be like?? We'll expect some weekend visitations if that happens!:)
I will be praying for a great start for all of you with the school year around the corner.
Is Bussey in Rockwall? I was thinking Garland for some reason.
Wait...Owlet? Is that for real?
Congrats Ashley! Good luck with everything. Owlet, huh? Whoo-dy whoo!! :)
WHAT A PERFECT TEACHING JOB FOR YOU!!! You won't have the load of a classroom teacher (which means not so much pressure, too); you will get to know more of the staff rather than just one team; and you will be greatly appreciated and needed by everyone... teachers and students. They will ALL want YOU to work with their students! Congratulations to you!!! I can't wait to hear about it as the year progresses.
Post a Comment