Words cannot describe the loss of a child. I want to hold him in my arms daily, and smell him, and hear his noises, hear his first laugh, have him say "mommy". Those are the things that I want to do. Yesterday Nathan made a call to a friend just to say how are you doing, etc. They hung up the phone and the friend called back. He called back just to say that at Carter's funeral he had been dealing with a lot of things. He wanted us to know that because of Carter he had been saved. It is with much sadness that my heart hurts for Carter, but rejoices for our friend. Now I will know that we will all be together in Heaven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How wonderful for your friend. It's so hard (for me anyway) to live with eternity in mind, but this is an awesome reminder that God is in control and that life here on Earth is just a blink of an eye.
What a blessing! As we have talked about before, your pain here will seem like such a small amount of time when we are all in heaven for eternity.
I long for that baby, too. If I get to heaven before you, I promise to smother Carter with kisses until you arrive!:)
How bittersweet. I miss you.
That brought tears to my eyes. How wonderful to hear about your friend. I'm always thinking of you.
Post a Comment