I know...can you believe it's already been six weeks. I can't. In fact, it makes my heart hurt worse to think about it. I had emailed a friend who is going through a VERY similar experience and I thought I would share with you all what my doctor and I discussed today. First of all I want to say my doctor is so good! I know God put him in my life for his gentle heart. He had actually lost a daughter (adult) 10 years ago. So, he can relate to my pain. We talked a lot about having another baby. He said I was really healthy that I could even have those thoughts and not be scared about it. He told me that in the 25+ years and with residency that he has only seen maybe 10 deaths due to a cord. I felt like I had been hit with a ton of bricks again. My heart just broke. Why my son? I will just never know while I'm here on earth...and then when I get to Heaven it won't matter. So, he told me to wait six months to heal a little more physically and mentally. So, we will start trying again at the end of September/beginning of October. Please pray that we make the right decisions and that this will be a smooth, confident pregnancy...with a GREAT ending!!
I think tomorrow I may attempt to work on Carter's nursery. Please pray for strength for myself and Nathan. I know it will be hard.
While we're on praying, I ask that you pray for the many families (whom we don't even realize) that are going through this. It is crazy because I have two friends who have emailed me that they have a friend who has a friend (I know, confusing) that has lost a child. It doesn't make sense, but surely there is a way to be able to help in some way.
One more prayer request...which I can't believe I'm going to post. When I began college I began as a nursing student. I was 18 and could not discipline myself enough to stay focused in Anatomy/Physiology. So, I dropped out of nursing and changed my major to elementary education. I am so blessed to have gone into that field be4cause I have met some of my best friends. After I had Regan I thought, I'm going to go back to nursing school and work in L & D (labor and delivery). Well, then Kennedy came along...same thoughts...go back to school. Now that I have been through such a horrific experience with Carter, I want to go back even more. I feel that I can be so beneficial for women who are going through the same thing. I had an AMAZING nurse (whom I will get a picture of and post on here soon...Jessica :) ), but she had not been through it on a personal level. There are just a lot of things that God will have to do/provide for this opportunity to happen. Who knows, it may not be now, but years down the road. I don't know. I just ask that you pray for Him to open doors and for me to be aware of the doors He does open.
(Sorry this is a long one.)
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
6 Week Check-Up
Posted by The Purnell Family at 7:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ashley, wow--I cannot believe it has been 6 weeks either. I am so glad you shared this...I think about you SO much, and I know that things must still be terribly difficult. I'm going to continue to pray for your family, and I look forward to what God has in store for you guys. I think your school idea is super exciting and wonderful. Knowing how happy Lane is right now--back in school--makes me want that for you, too. He's a different person than he was a year ago. God's ways are mysterious, but so good. Thinking of you, and so thankful that I've gotten to know you in the past year--you're a blessing!
Can't believe that it's been six weeks. I know your hurt feels just as real as the day he was born.
I think you should definitely consider LOTS more babies...you're such a good mom and ya'll need a house full.
I can remember you talking about nursing school for as long as I have known you...go for it. You would be great...if I ever find myself needing a L&D nurse, I would love to have you!!
I'm so glad you found a doctor with a sensitive heart. That is such a blessing.
I've been praying for you everytime I think of you (Which is a lot!).
I think you would be a great nurse! It will be so interesting to see what God has up His sleeve for you.
My heart hurts everyday thinking about Carter and him not being here with us. I can't say much because I'm at work and I will start crying thinking about it. I love yall very much and will pray that you and Nathan make it ok going through Carter's room and packing his things away.
Love Aunt CoCo
Ashley,
I think of you and your family everyday. I pray that your heartache heals and the Lord brings you peace. You are such a special person and good friend.
I think that you would be an excellent L & D nurse. It would be the perfect job for you!
Ashley,
I am so glad you shared this. You are such a strong, inspirational friend. I think you are an awesome mom and have so much to offer as an L&D nurse. You and your family are in our prayers!
Blessings, Steph
Ashley,
Thank you for writing such sweet things about me on your blog. But in all reality....you are the AMAZING one. I am truly blessed to have met you and Nathan if even under these circumstances. I know I have made a friend for life. I cannot wait to meet the next beautiful member of the Purnell family when you and Nate decide the time is right. Oh what a day that will be. I also cannot wait for you to finish school so that you can work with me :) Thank you for being a blessing in my life!
just wanted to say good luck with the next few days in the nursery. i will continue praying for all of you and you guys will make the right decisions whatever they may be. and if i dont tell you later..good luck in sept/oct :)
oh & i think you will be a great nurse!
Ashley, this is the first time I have been on your blog. I am so glad that you are able to share your thoughts and feelings. As an L&D nurse I have thought about you and prayed for you daily since Tabby told me about Carter. I am so sorry for your loss and will continue to pray for your strength and healing. Doctors with such a good heart are few and far between and I am so grateful that you were able to find one of them. I will pray that you are able to go back to nursing school. I know that you would be a wonderful L&D nurse. May God bring you peace in the coming days and months.
Love,
Crystal Trahan
Post a Comment