During your 25th week of pregnancy you have to go drink this disgusting orange drink and have your blood drawn. This tells you if you have gestational diabetes or not. Well, what do you know. I am one point over the limit. I go back on Thursday to do a three hour screening. That means that I am on a high carb diet Monday through Wednesday, can have nothing to eat or drink after midnight on Wednesday. Then, I go in drink the orange drink again-YUK! and they draw my blood every hour for three hours! So fun! Just pray that I don't have gestational diabetes. I don't want to have to worry about one more thing during this pregnancy. It's stressful enough already. :)
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i had to do the 2nd screening too. don't worry I'm sure that you are fine. I think I had eaten something for the first that made me fail. if you thought the 1st drink was bad just wait..the 2nd time around its much bigger! :)
I had to do it with all 4 of my kiddos, and I am probably going to have to do it with the 5th here pretty soon! Yep, I agree with Jayne...it's yukier the 2nd time around! Praying for you!
Post a Comment