This morning as I was taking Regan to school we saw some ducks in our neighbors yard. We slowed down to look at them. They were quite funny just waddling through the yard. Well, later on in the morning I was doing laundry and studying while Kennedy was watching tv beside me on the couch. I looked out the window and the ducks were in our pool! It was crazy! It was like they were supposed to be there. They stayed for quite some time, even after I went out there to "shoo!" them away. Well, that didn't work out. Finally, I let the dogs out and they were so intrigued by them. The ducks at the time were on the side of the pool, but quickly flapped their wings and got in. The funniest thing was that you could here the ducks "talking"/quacking and then they both together flew away. It was pretty cool! I guess we'll have more encounters like that. I just hope the snakes stay at the lake and don't slither their way up here!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Pool or Pond?
Posted by The Purnell Family at 2:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You must live close to us. These same two ducks were in the pool behind Mom's house a few weeks ago. Then, on our way home last Sunday, they were in a yard down the street from us! They're so cute.
A few days ago, Mom had two teals in her pool. These two were so intriguing since they were different, though!
Meredith
Post a Comment