CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Back In Business

Well, I am back in business! Yay! I know all of my blogger fans have been awaiting my return. Ha! Well, here I am!


So, where to begin...don't I always say that?!? :)


July- We went to our usual spot in Florida. It was great! We hunted for crab, swam at the pool, did a dolphin excursion, and had a wedding. Nathan's cousin got married and the girls were in the wedding. They were precious!! I would love to be at the beach right now as a matter of fact. :)





August- Always crazy! Both of the girls' birthdays are in August. So, between that and getting ready for going back to school there is never a minute of down time in August. Earlier in the summer Regan went to an art camp and LOVED it!!, so she decided she wanted to have her 7th birthday party at an art studio. That is exactly what we did.




The girls got to paint a self portrait. They were quite interesting.









For Kennedy's birthday she wanted to go roller skating. It was a blast...and to see grown men trying to skate like they were 12 again was hilarious!!!





The girls were asked by my grandmother what they wanted for their birthdays. Their replies, "A new door." When we moved into our house Kennedy did not have a door to her room and Regan's ended up with a hole in it. So, the doors were purchased and the girls asked if they could paint them whatever color they wanted. I was not so sure, but dad said YES! So, here are the colors of their doors. :)


Regan has finished her first semester as a SECOND grader!! My how time flies!! (The other day Nathan and I were watching home videos from before Regan was even born, her birth, and so on. I wish I could freeze time.) She loves school and has some great friends, which I love! Kennedy has finished her first semester of KINDERGARTEN!!! She is doing so good. She told me before school started that she was excited to go to kindergarten so she could learn to read, and that she has done. She didn't even turn 5 until the second day of school, but her teacher says that if she didn't know what her birthday was she wouldn't know she was almost a year younger than some of these kiddos. That made me feel good about starting her in school so early.










September-The girls cheered for the Texas Longhorns this year. That was quite an experience within itself. They loved every minute of it though, and I loved watching them!










October- We went to our fair day at school. In case you aren't from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area or from Texas, let me explain. Every year we have what is called The State Fair of Texas. The Fair, as it's called, it full of food, games, rides, exhibits, and a whole lot of spending of the money! So, the DFW area school districts have a designated day that they get out of school for the day and get a free ticket to go. It is always fun for the kids to see their friends; because you know that when kids see their friends outside of school it's a whole different experience. So, we did that like we do every year. Last year I was two days from delivering Grant. This year, my sweet baby boy was there to enjoy the fun!




October is also Nathan's and Grant's birthdays! We were so excited to celebrate Grant's 1st birthday! Many emotions over this special day! He has touched our lives, and the lives of many others. I thank my sweet Jesus everyday for allowing me to be his mommy. Since his birthday fell on a Saturday, we had to have his party on a Sunday...gotta love the car business! :) So, since it was on a Sunday the Cowboys were playing. So, Grant's 1st birthday was a Dallas Cowboy birthday party!











After birthdays came Halloween activities...pumpkin carving, carnivals, trick or treating, etc. The kids were so cute for Halloween this year. Regan was a vampire, Kennedy as Spiderina witch, and Grant was a precious monster!!




Every year the kids' school has an annual fundraiser...the Walk-A-Thon. It is really neat. They have a parade that the kids are in. The high school drum line comes out, the high school drill team and basketball team are all there. The kids from the whole school get to walk in the parade that the parents come watch. Then, throughout the day there are different activities...almost like a field day.


Kennedy got to take home the fish from school....stuffed animal fish that is. She had to take it everywhere and journal about it for everyone to read. So, she took it to cheer with her and to see Shrek the Musical.


November-Kennedy's kindergarten class was studying scarecrows as a unit in November. So, everyone had to make a scarecrow costume and wear it to school one day. I have to say that I had the CUTEST scarecrow EVER!!!

They were also studying the Pilgrims and Indians. They made an Indian costume and a Pilgrim costume and got to decide which one they would wear for their Thanksgiving Feast. Kennedy decided to be an Indian.
One day when Nathan was off he started up the 4 wheeler. We thought Grant would take of running because of the loud noise, but he didn't. He ran TO the 4 wheeler with his little arms stretched up for Nathan to pick him up. So, he took Grant on his first 4 wheeler ride. This momma was a nervous wreck!!
December- We continued on with our tradition of donuts and the Christmas parade. The kids loved every minute of it...even though the cold front was coming in.
When your in kindergarten, you don't just party from 2-2:45. You party ALL day LONG!!! It started out with a pancake breakfast in the morning, followed by games, story time, craft, lunch, recess, cooking decorating, and PE. Wheeeww!! What a day!!




Regan's Christmas party was much more low key AND short and sweet! The Sunday after school got out we went to the Gaylord Texan and spent the night. We went to see ICE. This year the theme was Charlie Brown. It was cute and COOOOOOLLLLDDD!!! They keep it at 9 degrees!! Insane, but fun. Then, we got room service and went for a swim (they did not me) in the freezing cold pool. Then it was time to go to bed. Grant wanted him bed and his bed only. So, poor Nathan drove Grant home (30 minutes) to sleep in his bed and then came back and got us in the morning. The girls and I enjoyed breakfast with Charlie Brown and just walking around and looking at all the Gaylord had to offer.











We did something that I have never done before. We went to a friends house and baked and decorated cookies with her kiddos. It was so much fun!! I have made cookies, but to actaully let my kids get flour ALL over them that has nver happened. We loved it!! Thank you Kandi for a fun day!

Christmas...Well, there is so much to say about Christmas. It just amazes me that Mary was only 14 years old when she had that sweet baby. Can you imagine being 14 and 1. having a baby, 2. having the Savior of the world!, 3. having that swet baby knowing one day (not sure when) that your sweet child would die? I just am so taken back by her. I commend her for her bravery and willingness. I am sure that she had her moments, but WOW! What an amazing woman!! I know that Christmas is about Jesus birth, but that is just the beginning. Then Jesus was crucified and rose from the dead. All so we could go to Heaven and be with our amazing Father. I love that Christmas is not the end of the story. I think it is a gift of hope. Hope that if we believe that we will get to go to Heaven. For me, that is the greatest thing in the world. I long to be with my sweet baby boy. This season gives me a promise that my Savior was born...and it's not the end because Easter is coming soon. Merry Christmas!! I hope everyone has a blessed new year.




















1 comments:

The Jarmons said...

awesome updates!! now i need to update too! :)